A car is an excellent way to get about – if you can get in!
Getting into cars can be difficult and awkward, but once in, they are the key to freedom for many people. We have developed a device that makes it easier to get into cars and into a comfortable position.
AutoSlide reduces the effort when turning and moving sideways to readjust the sitting position before and during the journey. If a little more assistance is needed, the handles at the sides of the seat cushion allow for giving a helping hand.
The seat cushions are firmly attached to the backs of car seats, so users cannot slide forward. The device is very simple to fit and use – it’s just a matter of starting the engine and driving off.
The outer surface and straps are made of polyester. The inside surfaces is made of ULF (Ultra Low Friction), Handicare’s own unique sliding material.
- AutoSlide facilitates getting into and out of cars and reduces the effort when readjusting the sitting position before and during the journey.
- The soft, padded surface provides for a comfortable journey.
- The ULF sliding material reduces friction under buttocks.
- Robust handles enable carers to provide assistance.
- Secure fitting in the car seat prevents users from sliding forward.