A mobile solution for showering in a lying position
Handicare’s shower trolley is a convenient and secure facility allowing the user to shower in a safe and comfortable lying position. It also makes it easier for a caregiver to maintain an ergonomic posture while assisting the user with washing, drying, dressing and undressing.
The shower trolley is mobile and height-adjustable and can be placed, for example, right next to the bed, adjusted to the correct height, thereby also reducing the number of transfers in various care situations.
Four sturdy, double-braked plastic castors with a diameter of 125 mm, provides for easy manoeuvring as well as for stability and security while care is being provided.
The height can be adjusted from 550-900 mm, always allowing for achievement of the ideal transfer height. The height is adjusted using a hydraulic pump which can be operated with the left or right foot. The shower trolley is extremely stable even at its maximum height.
Two models, each available in three different lengths
To accommodate for different user needs and for wet rooms of different sizes, the shower trolley is available in two models, each in three different lengths (lying surface: 1 500 mm/1 700 mm/1 900 mm).
- The flat model is ideal for users requiring frequent turning. It also works well for both right- and left-handed caregivers as the user’s head can be positioned at either end of the trolley.
- The model with adjustable backrest enables a slight rising on the left hand side. Rising the user’s head and upper body can facilitate tasks such as washing the user’s hair. The backrest is operated using a gas spring which is fitted, as standard, on the left-hand side. The adjustment range is 5°- 80°.
Both models are fitted with a water receiver and a flexible drain hose of 1 000 mm. This equipment catches the water while showering the user and prevents the caregiver from getting wet in the process. For increased safety and security, the shower trolleys are supplied complete with two Hinged side fence (art. no. LI2590.125x-xx).
Furthermore, all shower trolleys feature the same compact design with smooth shapes and surfaces providing for easy maintenance and good hygiene. They are made from strong and durable materials which can withstand water and which are easy to keep clean. The frame is fitted with a strong textile covering; a woven polyester with plastic coating, which is stretched tightly and firmly attached round the frame and which adapts to the body temperature during use. The covering is fully glued around and flush with the frame to facilitate transfers and provide for good hygiene.
Handicare’s shower trolleys are available in two materials and several colours; coated steel and coated stainless steel (both are available in the color white only). The covering is available only in neutral white colour. For complete article numbers, please consult the Order information document which is available as a pdf in the “Documentation” section hereunder.
- 2 models, each available in three different lengths for different users and wet rooms of different sizes
- Compact design
- Enable showering in a secure and comfortable lying position
- Provides a safe and ergonomic work environment for the caregiver
- Mobile and height-adjustable
- Durable, double braked castors, Ø 125 mm
- Extremely sturdy and stable, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 150 kg
- Very easy to manoueuvre
- Durable steel or stainless steel for easy maintenance
- Watertight construction
- Hygienic design with rounded shapes and sleek surfaces
- Supplied complete with two Hinged side fence (art. no. LI2590.125x-xx), providing for increased safety and security
The shower trolleys can also be fitted with a pair of removable side fences (art. no. LI2490.125x-xx), which are available as accessories.
Shower trolley for use in swimming pool areas
Handicare’s range of mobile shower trolleys also includes a model designed for use in swimming pool areas; Swimming pool shower trolley. Please click the link at the bottom of this page for more information.