Ideal when space is limited
Handicare’s Short shower seat is an extremely secure and very compact wall mounted shower seat available in two variants with and without backrest and swivel armrests. Both versions feature the same seat with reduced seat depth making the shower seat ideal for locations where space is limited. The version with backrest and armrests is only 445 mm deep, while the version without backrest and armrests is only 375 mm deep.
The seat, which can be folded up after use, is 315 mm deep. The seat, as well as the backrest, is fitted with a strong textile covering, which is firmly attached round the frame and which adapts to the body temperature during use. The seat covering is flush with the frame, which facilitates sideways and standing transfers.
The ergonomically designed armrests offer comfortable support for the forearms while sitting and they are long enough to provide safe support also when sitting down on or getting up from the shower seat. The armrests can be folded up individually, e.g. to facilitate a sideways transfer. For users weighing more than 125 kg, and who require extra support while getting into and out of the seat, we recommend using Soft shower seat without armrests in combination with a Hinged arm support at each side.
Both variants of Handicare’s Short shower seat are very easy to install and, after installation, the fixing points are covered and concealed for a stylish look and to make the shower seat easy to keep clean.
The frame is available in coated steel or coated stainless steel and only available in the colour white. The seat and the backrest cover are made from a woven polyester with plastic coating available only in neutral white colour. The armrests are made from polyurethane (PUR) foam with closed cell structure and are available in anthracite only. For complete article numbers, please consult the Order information document which is available as a pdf in the “Documentation” section hereunder.
- 2 variants with and without backrest and swivel armrests
- Very compact design, foldable seat with reduced seat depth allows for more free space in the bathroom
- Provides secure and flexible support in shower areas with limited space
- Durable steel or stainless steel and a strong textile covering
- Watertight construction
- Very easy to install, Wall mounting sets (art. no. LI2806.0000-00 and LI2805.0000-00) are available as accessories
- Supplied complete with Insulation set M8 x 4 or M8 x 5 (art. no. LI2880.0006-02, LI2881.0006-02), which provides for electrical insulation and covering of fixing points for a stylish look and to make the shower seat easy to keep clean
- Extremely secure, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 150 kg
- In combination with Floor support for Short shower seat, which is available as an accessory, the shower seats can be used by users weighing up to 300 kg
- Max. load per armrest: 75 kg
- 5 years warranty
Combinations and accessories for indiviually adapted bathroom solutions
Handicare’s range offers a wide choice of safe and comfortable assistive devices and practical accessories; products that can be supplied in several materials and colours and that can be combined in an endless number of ways to provide for increased versatility and usability and for the creation of individually adapted support solutions for different locations and user needs. For example, for users weighing more than 100 kg and depending on the wall structure, we recommend using Short shower seat in combination with Floor support for Short shower seat, which is available as an accessory.