Support for rising from a supine position
Handicare’s Swinging support is a wall mounted support rail fitted with a moulded triangular grip hanging from a nylon strap with adjustable length.
The support rail can be swung out from the wall and locked into different angles (0º, 45º, 90º, 135º or 180º) to be well within reach for a user lying on a trolley or in bed. In this position, Swinging support provides a safe grip and support for rising from a supine position, for turning over or for changing position.
After use, the support rail can be swung back against the wall and out of the way. The swinging motion and the locking cord can be operated by the user from a lying position.
To be able to use Swinging support when turning and repositioning, the user must be able to support his/her own body weight.
Please note! This type of lifting puts stress on your arms, shoulders and back. Before using a support rail of this type check with a healthcare professional to make sure this solution is suitable for you.
Handicare’s Swinging support is available in several materials and colours; coated steel and is only available in the colour white with a light grey plastic (glass fibre reinforced nylon) handle. For complete article numbers, please consult the Order information document which is available as a pdf in the “Documentation” section hereunder.
- Wall mounted swinging support for rising, turning over or changing position
- Provides a safe grip, at adjustable height, for large and small hands
- The support rail can be locked into different angles to provide support points in various positions
- Durable steel or stainless steel
- Watertight construction
- Hygienic design
- Easy to install, Wall mounting set (art. no. LI2806.0000-00) is available as an accessory
- Supplied complete with Insulation set M8 x 4 (art. no. LI2880.0006-02), which provides for electrical insulation and covering of fixing points for a stylish look and to make the swinging support easy to keep clean
- Extremely secure, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 150 kg
- The surface area of the stainless steel wall plate ensures that the load is well distributed
- 5 years warranty