A mobile and height-adjustable, tilting commode/shower chair available in two variants
The tilting Combi commode/shower chair is an assistive device allowing the user to sit down safely and comfortably, in an upright or in a reclined position, during toileting or showering. The features of the tilting Combi commode/shower chair also provide better working conditions for the caregiver, as there is less need for bending over, and they also allow for better contact between user and caregiver.
Furthermore, transfer of a user from a lift into a reclined chair becomes both easier and more convenient, both for the caregiver and for the user.
Combi, tilt is mobile and very easy to move between different locations as well as to manoeuver, turn and adjust to different positions in various settings and situations. It is supplied complete with toilet rails and can be used freestanding, with a bucket, which is available as an accessory, or standing over a toilet.
Combi tilt is available in two variants with manual or powered tilt. Both variants are suitable both for institutional and home care use.
Manual tilt – for users weighing up to 150 kg/330 lbs
The variant with manual tilt is activated by a hand lever at the rear of the chair. The caregiver can stand either at the rear or at the side of the chair while operating the tilting function.
Powered tilt – for users weighing up to 150 kg/330 lbs
The tilting function of the variant with battery powered tilt is effortlessly activated, backwards and forwards, using the hand control. The caregiver can move flexibly around the chair, always maintaining good eye-to-eye contact and assist the user if required, while operating the tilting function. A smooth start-stop actuator function provides for infinite tilting angle.
Both variants of Combi, tilt offer the following features and advantages:
- Stable and secure
- Very easy to use
- Compact and hygienic design, fits into any wet room
- Stainless steel, suitable for wet environments and guaranteeing a long service life
- Seat, backrest and armrests are made from soft polyurethane, a durable material, warm to the touch, with non-slip qualities
- Height adjustable frame (via snaplock clips) allows adjustment for different user heights as well as placement of the chair over different size toilets
- Detachable seat and backrest
- Seat with keyhole shaped opening
- Foldable armrests for easy side transfers
- Maintenance free castors
- Easy to keep clean
Wide accessory programme
Furthermore, our wide accessory programme provides for extensive customising and adaptation of all Combi chairs to meet individual user and caregiver requirements. For more information, please click the “Accessories” tab hereunder.
Combi, tilt should always be used in combination with the following accessories: Headrest (200360004), Footrests (200810004) and Heel and calf strap (200384004). We also recommend using both variants of Combi, tilt in combination with Armrest lock (201030310), which is available as an accessory.
Combi chairs – several models and variants enable the perfect fit for all users and caregivers
To enable a perfect fit for all users and caregivers, Handicare’s Combi commode/shower chairs are available in three basic models and several variants:
- Combi, attendant operated; a mobile chair available in standard height, low and wide variants
- Combi, self-propelled; available in standard width and wide variants
- Combi, tilt; available in two variants with manual or powered tilt