For heavier users and weaker walls
In order to provide adequate support and security, a wall mounted shower seat must always be fixed securely to the wall. However, for users weighing more than 100 kg and when there are concerns over the strength of the wall, we recommend using Handicare’s wall mounted shower seats in combination with a floor support which is available as an accessory.
The floor support distribute the load over both the floor and the wall and the combination has a safe working load of up to 300 kg.
The floor supports for shower seats are available in three variants adapted for different models of Handicare’s wall mounted shower seats. All variants are supplied as complete kits consisting of two height-adjustable support legs and two distance arms. The support legs are connected to each other by a connecting bar; they fold up with the seat as one part and, when folded down, the support legs automatically find the correct position. The connecting bar is positioned high enough to allow the user to place his feet under the shower seat and rise up using a natural movement pattern.
All floor supports for shower seats are very easy to install, both for new and for existing installations of wall mounted shower seats.
The floor supports for shower seats are available in coated steel (white/anthracite) and coated stainless steel (available in the colour white only). All plastic components are white. For complete article numbers, please consult the Order information document which is available as a pdf in the “Documentation” section hereunder.
- 3 variants for all Handicare’s wall mounted shower seats
- Distributes the load over both floor and wall
- Recommended for users weighing more than 100 kg and for weaker walls
- Height adjustable, folds up and down with the seat
- Durable steel or stainless steel
- Watertight construction
- Very easy to install, both for new and for existing installations of shower seats
- Extremely secure, the combination of shower seat and floor support provides reliable support for users weighing up to 300 kg
- 5 years warranty