Safe and ergonomic support and an active sitting posture
Handicare’s Ergonomic shower seat is available in three wall mounted variants with and without backrest and/or swivel armrests in a compact and stylish design.
Ergonomic fold-up seat
All variants feature the same ergonomic fold-up seat which has been carefully designed to encourage a proper, safe and active sitting position. The unique rounded front prevents the user’s legs from catching behind the knees and the lightly textured surface prevents slipping. The seat’s angle of 3 degrees allows it to drain off automatically after use.
Backrest for ergonomic support
Two variants of Ergonomic shower seat are fitted with a backrest which is attached directly to the wall for security and for a compact format. The backrest provides useful, ergonomic support for the back and promotes a straight and active back posture ideal for showering and related activities. The backrest also prevents the skin from coming into contact with a cold tiled wall while still allowing plenty of room to move the arms.
In addition to the supportive seat and backrest, the third variant of Ergonomic shower seat is fitted with swivel armrests. The armrests offer comfortable, ergonomically designed support for forearms and hands while sitting as well as during sitting down and rising up. The armrests can be folded up individually, e.g. to facilitate a sideways transfer. For users weighing more than 125 kg, and who require extra support while getting into and out of the seat, we recommend using Ergonomic shower seat without armrests in combination with a Hinged arm support at each side.
Secure wall mounting or removable installation
All variants of Handicare’s Ergonomic shower seat are very easy to install and, after installation, the hinge system and fixing points are covered and concealed for a stylish look and to make the shower seat easy to keep clean. When used in combination with Click-On frame and an Ergogrip grab rail, Ergonomic shower seat is removable, which allows for easy adaption of the shower area for multiple users.
The seat and the backrest are made from strong and durable plastic (glass fibre reinforced nylon) with smooth lines and surfaces for easy maintenance and good hygiene. The backrest is reinforced by a stainless steel tube. The armrests are made from aluminium fitted with polyurethane (PUR) foam available in anthracite only. All variants are available in two colours (white and anthracite). For complete article numbers, please consult the Order information document which is available as a pdf in the “Documentation” section hereunder.
- 3 variants with and without backrest and swivel armrests
- Compact and stylish design
- Foldable seat allows for more free space in the bathroom
- Provides safe and ergonomic support, promotes an active sitting posture
- Durable plastic (glass fibre reinforced nylon) for easy maintenance
- Plastic wall plates for electrical insulation
- Watertight construction
- Hygienic design with rounded shapes and sleek surfaces
- Ergonomic shower seats with backrest can be fixed or removable
- Very easy to install, Wall mounting sets (art. no. LI2806.0000-00 and LI2805.0000-00) are available as accessories
- After installation, the fixing points are covered and concealed for a stylish look and to make the shower seat easy to keep clean
- Extremely secure, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 150 kg
- In combination with Floor support for Ergonomic shower seat, which is available as an accessory, the shower seats can be used by users weighing up to 300 kg
- Max. load per armrest: 75 kg
- The surface area of the wall plates ensures that the load is well distributed, but for secure fixing to a weaker wall, special backing plates set for mounting from the back of the wall is available as an accessory (art. no. LI0122.5084-02)
- 5 years warranty
Combinations and accessories for indiviually adapted bathroom solutions
Handicare’s range offers a wide choice of safe and comfortable assistive devices and practical accessories; products that can be supplied in several materials and colours and that can be combined in an endless number of ways to provide for increased versatility and usability and for the creation of individually adapted support solutions for different locations and user needs. For example, for users weighing more than 100 kg and depending on the wall structure, we recommend using Ergonomic shower seat in combination with Floor support for Ergonomic shower seat, which is available as an accessory.