Safe and sturdy support around the washbasin
People often use the washbasin rim for support; for leaning on it when standing or for support when rising up or when getting into and out of the bathtub or shower. This puts undue stress on the washbasin, which is not designed or suitable for this purpose, and therefore, this is not a safe solution.
Handicare’s rail and Washbasin rail with grab handles can be used in combination with most standard wall mounted or pedestal washbasins. The rail is mounted with four support points on the wall. It goes all the way around the washbasin to offer support during standing as well as a good grip and sturdy support for a user during rising up from a seated position. The lower rails on the sides can be used for hanging a towel or for mounting of a toilet roll holder safely within reach.
The Washbasin rail of Handicare is available in one size and in white coated steel.
- Provides safe and sturdy support all the way around the washbasin
- Eliminates the risk of the user using the actual washbasin rim for support
- Fits most standard wall mounted and pedestal washbasins
- Ergonomic diameter; 28.6 mm (steel) provides a secure grip
- Allows plenty of room for the hands
- Durable steel or stainless steel for easy maintenance
- Watertight construction
- Hygienic design with rounded shapes and sleek surfaces
- Very easy to install, Wall mounting set (art. no. LI2807.0000-00) is available as an accessory, 2 sets are needed
- Supplied complete with Insulation set M6 x 4 (art. no. LI2860.0000-00), which provides for electrical insulation and covering of fixing points for a stylish look and to make the washbasin rail easy to keep clean
- Extremely secure, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 150 kg
- The surface area of the wall flanges ensures that the load is well distributed, but for secure fixing to a weaker wall, a special backing plate for mounting from the back of the wall is available as an accessory (art. no. LI0126.5034-02), 2 sets are needed
Combinations and accessories for indiviually adapted bathroom solutions
Handicare’s range offers a wide choice of safe and comfortable assistive devices and practical accessories; products that can be supplied in several materials and colours and that can be combined in an endless number of ways to provide for increased versatility and usability and for the creation of individually adapted support solutions for different locations and user needs. For example, Washbasin rail can be equipped with a toilet roll holder.